Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Potty Training - One Step at a Time

In the last 3 days, Caelyn has pooed and peed once in the toilet. We bought her a kiddy toilet seat which you can put over the adult toilet. I had tried several times in the last month couple of months to get her to pee and poo in the toilet or at least to let me know if she needs to 'go', but to no avail. But amazingly the other day when I saw her making her face, indicating she was about to poo, I quickly asked her if she wanted to go to the toilet and she willingly nodded her head! So off we went to the toilet and she did a big one in there! I was so proud of her!! Then a funny thing happened the next day, she pooed in her diaper and after changing her I went to the kitchen and I hear Caelyn running after me saying "mama mama! Toiti (she can't say toilet, so she says 'toy-tee')" and I was shocked. I looked at her and said you want to pee?? She nodded and we quickly ran to the toilet and she peed in it!!

So it seems that maybe this toilet training thing with her will be easier than I thought. I guess it helped that she sees me going to the toilet (we're very open), so she knows what to do. I'm letting her take the lead because I do think she'll do it when she's well and ready herself.

Oh and if you're looking for good pull up diapers, try Napia. I had been using Huggies and Drypantz on Caelyn until I saw Napia being on sale and decided to try it. Its wide cut is fabolous, means the diaper won't disappear up their bum which means no accidents which often happens with Drypantz because their cut is so slim.

No comments:

Post a Comment