Sunday, June 22, 2008

Get Smart - the movie

Saw Get Smart the movie this weekend, the cinema was packed! I didn't realise that Get Smart was also well known in Singapore. When I was growing up in Australia I used to watch the original Get Smart, tho corny at times, it made for a good after school show. The remake of this classic is filled with humour and follows the same simple storyline as the classic, but set in the current time. Eventhough it was a bit corny at times, the funny script is bound to make you laugh, not just giggle, I mean laughing out loud. Steve Carrell is spot on in playing Maxwell Smart (and kinda looks like the original guy too don't you think?), but I felt that Anne Hathaway didn't really suit the role as Agent 99. Somehow the chemistry was a little strange, maybe someone older would've been better?
I'd recommend this movie if you're just looking for a laugh or if you're just a Get Smart fan :P

No comments:

Post a Comment