Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Picky Eater Driving Me Crazy!

For someone like me who enjoys cooking, experimenting with food and generally loves to eat, it is torturing to have a child who is a picky eater. Sometimes I cook something nice that I get all excited about - believing that Caelyn will like it as much as I do - only to find out that she flatly refuses to eat whatever it is. Then there are the times when I try to sneak in the veges, even if it's cut up to tiny little pieces, she'll pick them out. What she likes to eat one day, you give it to her again another day she doesn't like. It drives me up the wall cos sometimes I have to cook her something else just so she'll eat (most times this is noodles). No parent wants to see their child go hungry, but at the same time, I know she won't starve cos I'm sure she'll look for food when she's hungry and then there's always the advice not to cook them separate food, just let her be hungry. Seriously.........arrgggh..

My mil and fil always make comments like, 'when the kids were little (as in my hubby and his siblings), they'd eat anything we give them'. Dude, it's not my fault that my child is a picky eater is it?

I wish Caelyn was more like her cousin Malcolm when it comes to eating. I can't wait till she's older and hopefully enjoy as much variety of food as we enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment