Sunday, September 26, 2010

The hottest (spiciest) dish at Thai Express



Yellow Ginger Chicken with Rice

I've never shied away from ordering anything spicy. I love chillies. So when I saw this dish at Thai Express I didn't really think twice eventhough there was a 3 chilli rating next to the name on the menu. I did think twice when the waiter asked me if I was really sure that this was the dish I wanted because it is super hot. I looked at him pretty skeptically thinking seriously it can't be 'that' hot. But just to be safe I also went ahead and ordered a Watermelon and Lime freeze to douse any fires in my mouth.

And glad I did because I sure needed it! The dish looked deceptively mild when it arrived but the first bite of chicken immediately put my mouth on fire. And as I progressively ate it I started to have tears in my eyes and I can tell you now that I NEVER have tears in my eyes when I eat hot and spicy foods. I started to wonder whether my face was going red too from the heat.

Apart from the heat, the dish really had no other taste. So I was really disappointed. But I was glad that my friend had packets of sugar in her bag for me to sprinkle onto the chicken....didn't help much.

Total waste...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment