Saturday, September 4, 2010

Coastal Scents Make-Up Haul

If you regularly trawl YouTube to watch various makeup tutorials by popular gurus, you would've one time or another come across them talking about Coastal Scents 88 Eye Shadow Palette. A lot of them gave very good reviews of the palettes and say how pigmented they are and how they are very value for money and are very comparable to MAC's eyeshadows which also draw rave reviews because of how pigmented they are. Pigmented meaning you don't even need to swipe so much of the stuff on your brush in order to see the colour. But we all know MAC is very expensive. So I decided to go get them myself. They don't sell this in Singapore so I bought it online from the US and used Comgateway to send to me as I had other stuff I was getting elsewhere too. I got 2 palettes, the 88 Ultra Shimmer and 88 Metal Mania - only because they were having an offer when you buy the two (of course!)

My Verdict: I totally love it! Now I think I'll never have to go buy another eyeshadow again, this is gonna last me for yonks. And they were right about the pigmentation, a light swipe of the colours as you can see in the photo below show how bright their colours are. And if you use an eyeshadow base/primer these colours will last you ALL DAY.

Nice matt, clean exterior and it tells you on the front which palette it is. Convenient cos all the other palettes are the same design. Here is the 88 Ultra Shimmer Eye Shadow Palette. The palettes aren't that big and can easily be packed into your suitcase or handbag if you need to take them with you.
There's a mirror, but unless you prop the lid on something, it'll just fall down and render the mirror kinda useless.
  
When it arrived one of the darker pinks was a little cracked :( The size of the pots are between the size of Singapore 10 and 20 cent coins.


The Metal Mania Palette is more warm hues.
Also bought the Blush Palette
The brown one in the middle is the contouring one, it looks scary and dark but it's really a matter of control on how much you put on the brush. The highlight colours I'm not really sure what to do with cos I don't usually do highlighting. 

2 comments:

  1. how much did u get for the brush palette? and where did u get it from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from the coastal Scents website, just do a google search for them.

    ReplyDelete