Monday, July 27, 2009

Crispy Prawns using Ottogi Frying Mix


This Korean Ottogi Frying Mix really gives whatever you're frying a nice crispy coating. I was surprised at the fact that the prawn tails were so crispy that you could eat it. I wanted to try to see what it was like if I just fried it with the flour without making a batter, but it didn't turn out very nice, dried up the prawns and made it shrink. So to make the batter, just add some water to the flour mixture. Pour a little at a time to get the consistency you want. I usually like to have the batter not to runny so they'll stick better. I must say, I'm usually very afraid of frying prawns but the batter coated the prawns so well that the oil didn't spit at all.

The prawns are nice as is. But I added a cereal mix to it and turned them into Cereal Prawns...yumm...my favourite!




Bookmark and Share




2 comments:

  1. Yum : )

    Read your review and I'm making them today :DD

    http://youtube.com/itsgossipboy
    - Ryan

    ReplyDelete