Thursday, July 2, 2009

Caelyn's 2nd day of school

It was with great success when I dropped Caelyn off at playschool today. She was reluctant to go in by herself at first, but I kept telling her I couldn't. I walked her to the area where they take their shoes off and put their bags down and she did it all by herself. She didn't want to go in by herself still then the teacher asked me if it was ok for her to carry her into the room and let her cry. I said sure. So she carried her in and that was that. I didn't hear any crying so that was a good sign. I waited around outside for a while, I think it was less than 5 minutes and when the teacher came back out she said Caelyn was ok and was playing happily. I don't know how true that was, or whether she was just trying to give me comfort.

When I came back later on to pick her up, she was all smiles and happy to see me and was happily lining up with the other children to go out, carrying the artwork she did yesterday.

When I asked her how her class was, she went into telling me a story. She did say she cried tho and told me i couldn't go in because all the other mummies couldn't go in either. But again, I don't know if this was true as the teacher said she didn't. She clung on to the teacher for a little while only they said and then played with the other children.

When we came home I told her we could put her artwork on the fridge and she was so happy. On the bus on our way to buy something later on she was also singing Ring o Ring of Rosies as they had sung that yesterday and seems to be today too. So I think it's safe to say that she's enjoying school.

Oh and you know what else? She never stops talking and singing now! Not just cos of school, but I've noticed this recently. And on the point of waking up early - seems that Mummy is the one with this problem...hehehe.....she woke up before me today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment