Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Caelyn's First Day at Playschool

Today was Caelyn's first day at Playschool. She's attending Talentplus Playschool just behind our block. So very convenient for me as we don't need to travel far to get her to class. We'd been preparing for this day for a long time and she knows the concept of school because when we were in Oz, her cousin had just started childcare so she understood somewhat about school. One of the challenges was to get her out of bed early in the morning, she was a tiny bit grumpy and even said she didn't want to go to school. But once we were dressed, had our brekky and prepared ourselves she was starting to get excited and was even showing her Daddy her uniform.

When we got there she was great, followed what all the children did, got her temperature tested, used the hand sanitiser, etc. And she wasn't acting like her shy self holding on to me either. I was rather proud of her. There were 2 other new students who's Mummies stayed with them in the class too. The other 2 Mummies tried to sneak away from their kids and the kids then started howling and bawling their eyes out. By this time there's definitely no chance I could've escaped and knew I would have to stay back with Caelyn.

As I watched her in class I got a little emotional thinking how fast my little girl was growing up. I was so proud of her when she went to play with the other children and when she went to sit with the teacher who was reading a book. She actually fared better than the other 2 newbies who wouldn't leave their mother's side.

Tomorrow will be the real test tho. I plan on dropping her off and go. I'm pretty sure there'll be some tears....but I hope it won't last long.

1 comment:

  1. awww...so cute! I remember my first day at school. I think I cried the entire day hehe...

    ReplyDelete