Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sick children at the Paeditrician or Clinic

You know, it really irks me when sick children at the clinics are left to run around unrestrained by their parents/caregivers. I think it is very irresponsible as they risk passing on germs and viruses to other children who are not sick and may be at the clinic to see the Dr for other reasons. If they're running around and not being near other children ok, but the ones I've seen have always been very close to other children including mine. And when you suddenly hear them cough their lungs out right next to your child (like it happened to us today at the PD), your immediate instincts is to grab your child and move them away. But children of course don't understand why they're being taken away from their new 'friend' and struggle out of your grip only to end up back next to that child again at the toy area. I don't think we really should care about whether we offend those irresponsible parents/caregivers right? We're just trying to protect our child. My fear when I take Caelyn to the doctors is that she'll come home with some kind of sickness that she picked up at the clinic.

No comments:

Post a Comment