Sunday, August 17, 2008

The yummiest Durian Cake/Swiss Roll I ever had

This was the yummiest Durian Swiss Roll or cake I've ever had. We saw this shop being introduced on local tv show 'Makan King' and thought we'd give it a try since they claim they only use D24 pure durian paste in their swiss rolls. To be honest I'm not that crazy about durians, I will eat probably one or two when someone buys it, unlike my parents who are totally crazy about it. My in laws also like durian, so we bought the cake to share with them. Each box costs $13 and there's 2 long skinny rolls inside, you can also mix and match different flavours in a box. They have an assortment of flavours including Kaya, Mango, Blueberry, etc. Next time will try other flavours, but their Durian is their signature flavour and is also the one that gets sold out quickly. So if you want to buy, go early in the day.

The shop is called Rich & Good Cake Shop and it's at Kandahar St in Little Arab. Sorry can't remember the shop number, but it's a blue shophouse, you can't miss it. While you're there check out some of the Malay Indonesian food there, it's pretty yummy.



No comments:

Post a Comment