Monday, August 18, 2008

My first Nigella Lawson cookbook


My first Nigella cooking book, Nigella Express, has finally arrived today. I ordered it from a website called Betterworld.com .Believe it or not I found out about this site through an ad on the side panel of my facebook site. I was intrigued at their low international shipping cost of US$2.97 (now is US$3.97) to anywhere in the world and free shipping in the US. Nigella Express book at Kinokuniya book store is priced at over SG$65, but on here including shipping fee I think it only came out to about SG$38. I'm also very happy with their service. I like how they sent me an email when the book had been shipped out and they let me know if I hadn't received it by a certain date to let them know because it would be deemed lost by then. This site is much cheaper than shopping from Amazon.com (if you don't live in the US that is) since shipping charges are way cheap. But it did take about 3 weeks for the book to reach me, so don't order any books that you want to read in a hurry.

Anyway, I love Nigella and watch her show on the Discovery Travel & Living channel all the time. Tho her cooking might not be conventional and her ingredients might not be as easy to find in Singapore, I am happy to add her to my collection. And I think it's the fact that she's not professionally trained in cooking, yet can whip up yummy easy dishes with ease, that makes her appealing to homecooks like me.

About Betterworld.com: "
Better World Books collects and sells books online to fund literacy initiatives worldwide. With more than two million new and used titles in stock, we’re a self-sustaining, triple-bottom-line company that creates social, economic and environmental value for all our stakeholders."


No comments:

Post a Comment