Friday, August 1, 2008

Estee Lauder Make-Up Workshop from last Sunday

I went to the an Estee Lauder Make-Up Workshop at Paragon last Sunday. I had seen this workshop advertised in last month's Simply Her magazine and decided to sign up for it. When you sign up, you actually purchase a $100 makeup workshop voucher, which is fully redeemable against any of their products. In addition you also got a small Estee Lauder makeup pouch which contains a palette that had 2 blushers, six eyeshadows and their brushes in the one palette, plus a mini mascara and a mini eyeliner crayon, all supposedly worth $125. I lurve the free gift, the palette is just gorgeous, along with the mini mascara and eyeliner, it's all compact sizes for travelling. And yes I do bring makeup when I go on holidays

The free gift

The workshop itselft was quite fun, it was 2 hours. Definitely would've been more fun if I had a friend with me so we could giggle and laugh while doing our girly things, but sadly my circle of friends in Singapore is very limited and I had no one to go with me. Boo Hoo. Anyway, quite a number of the participants came alone so I wasn't the odd one out. There were roughly 14 people in my workshop, there were other timings too. I think the max is about 15. The workshop was held at the Paragon atrium, if you don't know wat an atrium is it's actually just that empty space in the middle of the shopping centre where promotions and events are usually held. Estee had decorated the workshop area so beautifully with hanging bead curtains so eventhough you were smack bang in the middle of the shops, you still felt private eventhough passerbys would gawk at you once in a while.

Of course the purpose of the workshop really was for Estee to promote it's products, to let you try them, hook you and reel you in. My Mum uses Estee stuff, but to me they're a little out of my price range, but I went just for the fun of it anyway. I do like their concealer tho, it comes in a tube brush and their eye, lip makeup remover which didn't feel greasy at all, so I bought those with my voucher along with a brow pencil. Each one retails for around $40, so you see what I mean by a little out of my price range.

I finally learnt the correct way of putting on foundation, blusher and eye makeup. Maybe I shouldn't say the correct way, but a better way. I like the way way the eye makeup is applied by combining 3 colours to give your eyes an instant lift. Just see my photo below. Ok, so it might not be even, cos the lady did one eye and i had to do the other eye. They also helped fixed up your brows for you and teach you how to fill in the gaps and sculpt your brows with the brow pencil. Alright, so I might not be applying makeup like this everytime I go out especially if I'm in a hurry, but when the occasion calls for it i'll definitely put it into practice.


"Finished Product" Neat eyebrows, Lifted Eyes, It almost doesn't look like me.

Peek a boo!


They asked me to be a live manequin for them to demo the eye makeup technique, so I got to sit on that high chair on the stage.

Lady helping people


Each table had its own set of brushes (makes you wonder about hygiene of it all), a mirror, a box of tissues, cotton pads, etc and a box of makeup to share with your neighbour. Made me think how nice it would be if at home I had a table like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment