Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thai Sing Chilli Crab Sauce

We bought some crabs from the supermarket the other day and cooked it ourselves using this Thai Sing Chilli Crab Sauce ($3 for a jar from Prime supermarket). It is really delicous and tastes just like the chilli crab you buy at the restaurant. I suppose I could've concocted my own sauce mixture but I was too lazy. I also don't deep fry my crabs cos I can't be bothered, and pan frying it tastes good enough for us. The sauce is especially great to mop up with some crusty bread. Be warned tho, this sauce is SUPER spicy, I had to add extra water than the recommended and even add extra sugar to it. Finger lickin good This is so much cheaper than buying from a restaurant that we realised we should just cook it ourselves next time we want chilli crab. It's not hard to do either.

The crabs kinda freaked me out before we killled them. We left them in our sink and one of them climbed over to the other sink!! And they were pretty fierce, kept their fierce eyes on me every time I went to the sink and they tried to lift up their bodies. Lucky hubby's not afraid to kill them. Caelyn enjoyed looking at the crabs and she also enjoyed eating them....hehehe.




No comments:

Post a Comment