Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oven baked Sweet Potato Fries and Chicken Strips

This is a healthy meal which I made these because I wanted to see if Caelyn would eat Chicken Strips. I wasn't surprised to see that she didn't want them to tell you the truth. She's more of a noodles, rice, pasta girl. She's eaten McDonald's nuggets before, but I guess my chicken strips don't look the same. I was also inspired by Jessica Seinfeld's recipe from Deceptively Delicious that was featured on Oprah.


For the Sweet Potato: Cut into long 'fries' and toss with some olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and arrange in one layer on a cookie sheet.
For the Chicken Strips: I had used Chicken Tenderloins, but seems like they weren't tender at all, tasted very dry as if they were chicken breasts. Note to self, will use boneless thigh fillets next time and I think it's better if you pan fry it (maybe wouldn't be so dry). I added some pureed spinach to a beaten egg and for the crispy coating I mixed some panko breadcrumbs with some sesame seeds and parmesan cheese and seasoning. I dipped the chicken strips in the egg spinach mixture first then coated them with the panko mixture.

For both, bake in the oven till golden and crispy. Tho the sweet potato doesn't go quiet as crispy as normal oven fries would, I really love eating them this way.


No comments:

Post a Comment