Thursday, October 20, 2016

The Beginning

Let's start with a bit of background info. I'm a pretty tall Asian girl at 170cm who until I had my first (and only) child was considered quite slim. Then I had my baby, ahem, 10 years ago, and packed on almost 20kgs. I was 65kg before pregnancy, then was almost 80kgs at the end of the pregnancy. I know it's normal to gain so much weight and I hear stories of people gaining even more weight than that.

When baby was born, I think my weight went down to almost pre pregnancy if I remember correctly. Excuse my memory, but it feels like a long time ago. Anyway all that breastfeeding helped to bring down my weight. But, when you're breastfeeding, you tend to eat a little more as you get hungrier since you're feeding for two, so you just eat anything without any thought of whether all that food you put in your mouth will eventually go no where. So once the baby was weaned off breastfeeding, I guess I just kept on eating the same amount. That's when the trouble started.

I have never in my life had to really think about dieting because I had always been such a skinny, slender girl. In Grade 12, my friends even thought I was anorexic coz I was so skinny! But no I wasn't, it was just coz my Mother wasn't around to cook for me, so I was probably just malnourished, I dunno.

After the weight crept up...and up...and up...my perception of myself went down...and down...and down. I hate seeing myself naked because I can see how horrible I've let myself go. I am forever thinking about how to reduce my weight. I am forever chastising myself for not being able to stick to proper exercise or to a proper diet.

I don't consider myself a junk eater. I don't overeat. In fact I try my hardest to stick a more sensible diet. I know my mistakes in the past was that I never had any portion control...and perhaps went to one too many buffets. But in recent times I've exercised, taken stairs, walked a lot, but nothing happens. The food thing....well....I try...I really do, but my will power is not strong.

So the other day my neighbour introduced me to this program by NuSkin called AgelocTR90. It's basically a weight management program. But it goes beyond just managing your weight, its goal is to try to make you be the best you that you can be.

When the measurements were taken, I knew beforehand that yes i was fat, well according to my BMI (body mass index), I am actually Obese. Then the tests showed I had more Visceral Fats than Muscle which is terribly bad and supposedly is the cause of why I can't see to move the weight. And on top of that, according to the tests, I had the health age of a 53 year old!!!!

This program is by no means cheap, and I really have to thank my dear hubby for paying for it. But there is an interest free installment plan which helps to look at the costs a different way. What you pay per month is kind of like paying the same amount for a personal trainer and supplements, because well that's actually what you're paying for, a coach, supplements and eating plan. And maybe even cheaper too coz though I don't really know how much it costs for personal trainer in Singapore, I know in Australia my friends' personal trainers are $90 a session.

I am really excited to start the program tomorrow. I have confidence that I'll see some changes, I have a really good feeling about this.

Next Entry: AgelocTR90

No comments:

Post a Comment