Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Jollibee Singapore

Have you tried Jollibee? From my understanding it's immensely popular in the Philippines and now it's on our shores I can see it's still immensely popular with the Filipino community! I guess it helps that it's also situated on Level 6 of Lucky Plaza on Orchard, the unofficial Little Philippine of Singapore. It's so popular that they actually have staff doing crowd control! And the empty shop next door is converted into a queue area! Unlike most fast food restaurants here, the whole shop is covered in glass windows, and there's only 1 door for entrance and another door at the side for exits. You are only meant to get a seat after you've bought your food. My question is, what happens if you queue up and get your food and find there's no available seats? And I'm not sure how it works with your accompanying friends and family, do they follow you in only after you've got your food?

It's a pretty big shop.

Heard this kind of queue is pretty much what it's like everyday.




Take away Spaghetti in a box.

The spaghetti is a bit sweeter than what I'm used to.

The fried chicken is what they're famous for. KFC Singapore take note, how come you still haven't decided to serve steamed rice with your chicken sets?? Anyway, the chicken is all it's cracked up to be, it was moist, tasty and finger licking good. (I'm salivating as I'm typing this).


Given how popular they are (and I think not just with the Filipino community) I wonder when they will open another outlet. And why haven't they?

Just as I was writing this I decided to see if Jollibee Singapore had a FB page, and indeed they do and seems now they've opened up another outlet, at Lucky Plaza Foodcourt. Interesting....maybe they're not confident yet to move out of Lucky Plaza. Will be interesting to see where their next few outlets will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment