Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Eat Street Markets

"Eat Street Markets is the Brisbane foodies destination for international street food. Situated on Hamilton Wharf next to Portside at trendy Northshore" - http://www.eatstreetmarkets.com/


This sign says it all!
Even before my trip back to Brisbane I had heard about this new place. Anything related to food my ears instantly perk up. 

There is an entrance fee of $2 per adult and kids below 12 are free. Was a bit surprised there was an entrance fee, but I guess I had forgotten that it's common with markets that I had been to in Brisbane where you are required to pay an entrance fee. 

I've really missed these kinds of markets since they're not common in Singapore, perhaps because space constraints and I'm not talking about the usual Pasar Malam kind of markets. There was so much food stalls there I couldn't decide where to eat. The only problem is the food is quite costly for someone coming from Singapore, you could easily blow $100 for two people on food in just one night. And there was just so much variety, that you wish you could try everything in one go. 


Plenty of seats to sit and relax.

Potato Slinkys was one of the most popular stall there, there was always a queue. 

"It's like chips on a stick!" Yeah it was. But pretty pricey at $5 a stick...but of course the kids had to have one. It's nothing new in Singapore or Malaysia as they've been sold here for a long time. But somehow the way it was sold at Eat Street Markets made them more delicious....maybe ambience is the secret ingredient :)

Loved these glowing buckets! Great for parties. 
Another popular snack at Eat Street Markets is the Cronut. I had heard greta things about this pastry. A Cronut is basically a cross between a Croissant and Donut. I've never had it in Singapore so I was curious to see how it tastes...and I was a bit underwhelmed. I guess I was expecting to take a bite and have that big eyes look with a long drawn out mmmmmm sound coming out from my mouth. I guess maybe I'm just not a fan of eating cold pastry. But they were very pretty though and I could see why they'd be popular.


Yup $7 a pop....bit pricey don't ya think?

Pistachio in all its glory. Looked good enough to eat :)
Near the Cronut stall there is a Churros seller, which might have been nicer than the cronut. 




There's a lookout point just beside the Cronuts store, great vantage point.
Many more stalls to try, maybe next time when we go back again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment