Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tofu Cheesecake


This is a delicious cheesecake that makes you feel like you're eating something healthy because it has tofu in it. It's super simple to make too. I found that my cheesecake only set after leaving in the fridge overnight and I found it to still be on the soft side, so next time I would probably put it in more gelatine to make it more firm. But overall, as I said it's really delicious and I think I'd definitely make this again.

Below is the Youtube channel I got the recipe from.

 

Recipe:

60g Graham Crackers or substitute Unsweetened Biscuits (2.1 oz) 
30g Melted Butter (1.05 oz) - Salted or Unsalted
100g Cream Cheese (3.5 oz)
100g Firm Tofu (3.5 oz)
100g Plain Yogurt (3.5 oz)
50ml Whipping Cream (1.7 fl oz)
50g Sugar (1.75 oz)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice

5g Gelatin Powder (0.18 oz)
50ml Hot Water (1.7 fl oz) - approx. 80°C/176°F

Cake Pan with removable bottom (15cm/5.9 inch diameter)


Method:
Melt the butter in the microwave and add to the crushed biscuits, mix well and spread over the base of your cheesecake pan which you've lined with baking paper. 

Next blitz everything in your blender or food processor except the Gelatin and Hot Water. 

Mix the Hot Water with the Gelatin Powder, then add the mixture into the food processor with the other ingredients and blitz a bit more.

Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base and refrigerate overnight or a few hours. 

My Notes:
I didn't have any plain biscuits, so I used my Ovaltine sandwich cookies, which are a bit like Oreos and I put it in the plastic bag and bashed it up with the rolling pin. I used probably about 100g of this biscuit instead of 60g because 60g wasn't enough since the weight included the cream centre. And I think the cream centre also helps it to stick together and not fall apart at the base of the cheesecake.

I will next time probably make it 7 to 8g of Gelatin powder just to make the cheesecake more firm. 

I also used an 80% less fat Philadephia Cream Cheese which may be why it was more wobbly. 




No comments:

Post a Comment