Monday, January 20, 2014

Long Phung Vietnamese Restaurant

This restaurant nestled at 159 Joo Chiat Rd is a cosy little restaurant. It's been challenging finding a good Vietnamese food in Singapore, one that is just as good as the ones in Australia (not comparing to Vietnam because I haven't been there). Long Phung is definitely a great find, the food was affordable and tasty. If I had any complaints it would be that I wished the servings were slightly bigger, but that's because it was so delicious and we wanted more :)

The restaurant gets packed during lunch and dinner, so if you want to avoid waiting in line outside then come a little bit earlier.

The wait staff were all Vietnamese and seemed like they could speak Chinese more than English. Thankfully the menu has pictures. There is also an open air carpark conveniently situated right beside the restaurant.

Grilled Pork Chop with Rice. The Pork Chop is super fragrant and tasty! The plate if you compare to one that's served in Australia is a bit bare, most places in Oz would serve shredded pork skin and a steamed egg cake on the side instead of a sunny side up and often it would be broken rice. I wonder why no Vietnamese restaurants here serve broken rice.

This is Quail, 3 whole birds for $12. Not sure if it was grilled or fried, I think it was fried. But you can tell that it's been marinated and was pretty good. This is something I don't often have in Singapore. The dipping sauce was the best, it was peppery, salty and sour all at the same time and was really appetising. 



Beef Pho. This I give two thumbs up. Some people might not like the sweetness of the soup but for us we loved it. We loved the depth of flavour. My 7yo had this and she finished up all the noodles and was wishing there was more. This is one of the best phos I've had in singapore.

Rice Vermicelli with Grilled Pork and Springroll and Raw Vegetables for $$6.50. This was quite good and is one of my favourite Vietnamese dishes. But this presentation is kinda new to me because usually the noodles would be on the bottom and the vegetables and meat would be on top. The sweet, spicy, sour sauce/dressing that went with it was perfect. Makes me salivate as I type this :)

On the Wall. Many more items I want to try. 

Condiments, I like how the lime is served as a condiment, so you can add as many as you want.





No comments:

Post a Comment