Monday, January 20, 2014

Nail Stickers Obsession

I have been in love with these nail stickers ever since the seller put one on my finger to try out. Finally I could get beautiful designs without having to go to a mani and at only $2 a set it's a real bargain.

When I first used it myself, it didn't last long, basically they started peeling or ripping on the tips after just a day and I had found it difficult to put on the right hand, me being right handed and all. But I got better with more practice and now they even last longer, about half a week to a week. I experimented with putting on a top coat over the whole nail sticker after putting it on my nails, but that didn't make it last any longer. In fact I feel as though it's made the nail sticker come off faster, I had instances where the sticker slid right off after a couple of days! No idea why. But this latest one I just applied the top coat on the tips of the nails and that seems to do the trick quite well.

If a sticker slides off, don't fret and don't peel off all the other good ones, just paint that nail with a matching colour. The seller also gave me some tips on how to make the stickers last longer, don't stick the stickers on your skin or on the cuticles which allows air bubbles to form and causes liquids and soaps etc to get in underneath and probably peel off the sticker. So to make the stickers fit exactly to the shape of my nails, I put some sticky tape on my clean nails and used a marker pen to outline the shape of my nail, then pressed it onto some paper and cut out the outline. Then I superimposed it with the nail sticker and just cut the right shape and voila it did the trick well and perhaps this is also why the stickers have stayed on longer this time.

The first test sticker.

I peeled off the sticker and put it on another finger and used it to practice filing it down. 

There are 6 stickers for each side. 1 for your big toe.



Here's the Big Toe one. On your toes these stickers last very long.


Since the stickers were longer than my nails, I cut the top off and used it for my toes. Genius!

Second finger and pinky finger peeled off so I painted with a plain nude colour which kind of matches the other stickers.


No comments:

Post a Comment