Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Carnivore - Brazillian Churrascaria

The other day we had some vouchers for Vivocity so we used it to try a restaurant we hadn't been before called Carnivore. Carnivore is a Brazillian Churrascaria and in Portuguese churrascaria basically means bbq restaurant. The meats are skewered onto giant metal skewers which rotate on a hot fire. Once the meats are cooked, the passadors (meat waiters) come around your table with the giant metal skewer and a carving knife and slice the meat right onto your plate.

The meats are seasoned simply, often with just salt. Aside from meats there is also a cold buffet spread which included some marinated octopus (u know the red kind that they put on sushi?) and muscles on the shell. But it's not a lot of variety, and nothing impressive or worth mentioning.

I was glad that we had vouchers, because for this price I was severely disappointed and unlikely to go again unless I had some freebies. Tho the meats were good, they were extremely slow in coming around the tables and felt like we kept on getting just the same ones going round to us. The good meats like Beef Ribs hardly ever came out, between us we only had one piece of beef rib because the passador with the beef ribs kept running out of it. And unfortunately the beef ribs is the best meat there. It was tasty and tender and had a melt in your mouth feeling. Towards the end of our evening, I even noticed a few of the pasadors just standing around near the entrance to the kitchen, like they had nothing else to bring out to us or they were just surveying whether everyone still had some on their plates or not. I had imagined that the restaurant would've been more lively with lots of different passadors walking around the tables all at once. It was in fact rather 'quiet'. The passadors weren't that friendly either, supposedly they were directly employed from Brazil. Surprisingly the Singaporean local staff were more friendly. Drinks aren't included in the buffet price. And if you decide to order a juice drink (not those freshly blended ones) it is ridiculously overpriced at $8 and I think an alcoholic drink was about $14! Not bottomless either.

I have to admit, I am a carnivore by nature. I much prefer meat to veges. So I was really disappointed that I left unsatisfied from restaurant that called itself Carnivore. If you are a fan of Carnivore (the restaurant) I'm sorry if you disagree with me. This was just our experience, no harm intended :)




This was part of the yummy beef ribs.

No comments:

Post a Comment