Saturday, December 7, 2013

SingKids indoor playground at Vivocity

Indoor playgrounds within a shopping centre in Singapore are not so common. But I think they're great, helps us leverage in our bargaining when we tell the kiddo that it's a shopping day.

Me: "We're going shopping today ok?"
Kiddo: "ohhhh (very whining and drawn out) again??"
Me: "You let me shop for a while and then I'll let you play there"
Kiddo: stops and thinks for a while and then "ok!"

Free ones are obviously the best but they're usually outside in the hot sun (or torrential rain) and the play things are usually limited. SingKids I think is more geared towards the younger kids, the max age limit is 10years old.  But my soon to be 7 year old still enjoys playing at Playgrounds....playground addict even I would say....she loves playing with other kids she meets at the playground and can play hours there, playing chase, chatting, etc. 

Everything there is padded so it's safe even for the littlest ones to play.  There are bouncy castle type of things, inflatable slides, a 'room' filled with floating balloons and rotating rides, all padded of course,  which seems to be their signature attraction.

There are various price options for the entrance fee so do check out their website. Or a better deal is to check if Groupon has an offer, which is what I did. 

Parents are supposed to stay with the kids but sometimes if you ask them nicely (and you get a nice person behind the counter) and if your child is old enough they'll close one eye and let you leave them for a little while and come back. I said to the lady, "I don't have to stay right?". She was like "of course you do!" and pointed to the sign on the table that said parents must accompany the children. So I played dumb and said, "what, for 3 hours??? She's old enough to take care of herself......how about I just quickly buy something and then come back?" So she kinda gave me a secret smile and said ok....and so I went off did a 'quick' round of shopping and came back after an hour and a half. At the back of my mind I was also feeling rather guilty leaving her there on her own, so I hurried back and sat in the corner while she played for a further hour or so. 

These suspended ball things are one of the rotating rides. 
Yup that's how you do it!
a big spacious area
Here's another rotating ride, this one is super slow. 
A very spacious sitting (or waiting) area.
some slides and the one behind is another moving ride
Giant inflatable slide
Like a bouncy castle type of thing
The seahorse thing is pretty huge! And it's another rotating ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment