Sunday, November 24, 2013

Thien Kee Steamboat @ Golden Mile Tower

This place is so popular that the seats have spilled over to the corridors of the basement of Golden Mile Tower. If you've never been there before there really isn't anything else there. And the only reason you'd probably go there would be to eat here!

The place offers set steamboat and you can order other dishes a la carte such as Satay, sweet and sour pork chops, Horfun (stir fried rice noodles), chicken rice and the white chicken that goes with it. 
If you like this kind of stuff it's probably worth while trying it out once. Personally it's not my kind of place. My in laws like to go there because it feels healthy to them (they like bland food). But for me, the place is just too crowded to make you feel comfortable during your meal.  Maybe if you are going with a group of 4 it's still comfortable but not for a party of 10! There is just no elbow room. 

I dont really think there's anything particularly outstanding about the food. Standard chinese food if you ask me. The thing about a good steamboat for me is good dipping sauce....this place had none except soy sauce, vinegar,  ginger chilli sauce. Sure the chicken rice is nice but so is the one near my house! Service was fast and even the cooked food gets served fast so I'll give them that.

Anyway that's my two cents. If you want to go to try it out then go for it..and if you like it then hey good for you! I don't recall seeing them have any menu...

No comments:

Post a Comment