Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pickled Lotus Root

Pickled Lotus Root is so delicious! I had one big lotus root which I sliced up for soup. I cooked all of it in the soup and once the root was tender enough I took half of it out. Be careful not to overcook it because you still want to have a crunch and bite to it.

Drain the cooked root and rinse with some water if you wish.  Then place in a bowl. 

Mix some sliced red chilli, you can use chilli padi/birds eye chilli for extra kick, add some vinegar, sugar and a bit of fish sauce. Adjust the seasoning to your liking, it should be a balance of sweet and sour and spicy. Pour the mixture over the roots and mix and marinate thoroughly. This is best left for half a day in the fridge so that the roots absorb the flavours.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment