Monday, January 14, 2013

Marine Life Park @ Sentosa

I was quite excited to go see this. With all the hype by Resorts World I had expected something to be really great. Well it wasn't. Even Underwater World in Mooloolaba Queensland is better. To me, there just wasn't anything that was outstanding. I kept waiting to be awed and was looking for bigger sharks in the tanks.....which there wasn't.
This is just my own opinion and you might not agree with it and thats fine.  But after having been to Seaworld at Gold Coast and Ocean Park in HK, I guess this attraction didn't have enough oomph for us. 
In the big giant tank which they boast to be the largest in S.E. Asia, it seemed like they were lacking in fish as well or maybe they didn't want to make it look too crowded. The tank certainly was big... bigger than my house I'd say!
There was a touch pool where you can touch starfish. But it was too crowded and so my kid didn't get a chance especially since people were just shoving into any available space they could find.
We went there towards the end of last year. My sister in law's company had a family day there and other family members/friends could also buy at a discounted rate. We were each given a $5 F&B voucher (supposedly because the dolphin exhibit wasn't ready). On that day her company alone had 200 people soyou can imagine the crowd.  It didn't take us very long to finish, 2 hours tops. When we got out I could hardly believe the sign at the entrance stated there was a 45min wait time to get in! I'm not sure if it's like this every weekend so if you're planning to go, just be prepared incase you have to wait long.
Im not saying the whole thing was a big flop. Just don't have too high of an expectation and if anything at least the kids will enjoy it...funny thing after visiting the aquarium we passed by a neighbourhood fish shop that had a stranger and more interesting fish than any of the ones at sentosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment