Monday, August 16, 2010

Kiseki Japanese Buffet Restaurant - The Heeren at Orchard Rd

I've been real busy lately and wish I could catch up on all my backlog of blogs. When a friend came back into town the other day, we went to Kiseki Japanese Buffet Restaurant for a catch up session (which turned into 2.5 hours of eating and talking!!) and I knew I had to share the experience on my blog.

Kiseki has only been around for a few months and had taken over the basement of The Hereen, where Marche used to be. Including tax and service charge, per adult on a weekend night comes to around $38-$39. This is a bit cheaper to Kuishinbo which would've come out to around $45 for a weekend dinner. Most importantly, the food, service and ambience was much better than Kuishinbo. Readers of my blog and friends would know that I rave about Kuishinbo Japanese buffet restaurant because of its Alaskan crab legs. But Kiseki also has alaskan crab legs, prawns, mussels, scallops on the shell and baby crayfish/lobster (which I think replaced the crab legs when it had run out). There were various sushi, sashimi, teppanyaki meats cooked to order, rosti, little pizzas, tempuras, yakitoris, grilled salmon heads, salad, chawanmushi, Japanese omelet, Japanese curry, various hotpots, and a drinks and dessert bar and more! Several of the dishes were also cooked to order. I was thoroughly impressed.

They have ample seating, but I'm guessing it's because people don't know about the place yet. And there's also a section for kids to play at.

I was gutted that I didn't take a photo of the desserts and the place, but I give it two thumbs up and will probably bring my family there when they come to town next month!

Assorted Sashimi

Flower/Sand Crab, Alaskan Crab Legs

lamb, chicken and beef teppanyaki meats and stuffed crab shell
sweet prawns and baby lobster

No comments:

Post a Comment