Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Junior League Children's Style Salon at Toys r Us Vivocity

Caelyn's hair had been growing pretty wildly since my last attempt at cutting her hair. I'm not expert and I must've been delusional when I thought how hard could it be? It was pretty difficult to get it all the same length, and I think in the end it still wasn't but couldn't tell much, so left it at that. I told her that this time we'd go and get a proper cut at a salon - just like Mummy and Daddy but we'll go to a kiddy hairdresser and she was like ok. Then we took her the first time to the Toys r Us one at Vivocity, she loves Toys r Us and we told her earlier the hairdresser was there. When we got there she was like....no no no no.....I guess she agreed prematurely. 


Then by chance we were there again and told her ok how about a haircut this time. She said no, so we just went inside and walked around. After we came out we stood outside watching the hair salon. The salon has an open concept, it has a cute set up, the seats had booster seats on them, and there was a small flat screen in front playing Barney show. There were also balloons against the wall and colourful paint on the wall. While we stood outside, it was unfortunate there was a kid crying while his hair was being cut. Both parents were struggling to calm him down so the hairdresser could finish the job. I thought, oh no, that's it, she's gonna get scared and not want to do it. We told her about how she'd get a sticker and balloon at the end and almost as if by magic she agreed! 


The hairdresser was kind and asked us what style we wanted. She had various pictures of kids on the wall and I just pointed to one. Oh and you can also get a free colour spray (which Caelyn politely declined). For the whole duration of the haircut Caelyn sat very still and very quietly. I'm not sure if she was nervous or scared. Even when I asked her to smile while I snapped her picture it was a crooked head down-being-careful kind of smile which made us all laugh. And the cutes time was when the hairdresser asked her to close her eyes. She squeezed her eyes tight and curled up her mouth...so funny...too bad didn't get a photo of it. 


At $20, I thought it was a little steep for a children's haircut. But when she agreed to the cut, there was no time to waste before she changed her mind. I know there are other kiddy hair salons out there that are cheaper, so will probably go to those ones next time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment