Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Caelyn's 1st & 2nd Day of Nursery School

1st Day:

Yesterday was Caelyn's 1st day at Nursery. We'd been prepping her for a long time and she was ready. However when we entered the Assembly room, she immediately got intimidated seeing the sea of kids sitting on the floor. I don't blame her, I think I'd feel the same if I was in her shoes. Because we started her on Term 2, parents and caretakers were only allowed to stay for the first day only. I was glad to see she wasn't the only new student in the class. She didn't really require me to stay the whole session, cos halfway I asked her if it'd be ok for me to leave, she said yes. Apart from staying for Caelyn's sake, I was glad to also see what her class was like and what activities they did. It put me at ease to know I made the right choice in school.


2nd Day:

So today I had pretty much predicted that she would cry when i dropped her off no matter how much prepping we did. And right on cue when i dropped her off, she clung on me tightly and wouldn't let go and started crying....and crying....and more hysterical crying as the teacher told me to say good bye and leave. She quickly grabbed my shirt and tried to pull me back. I was so heartbroken to see her cry like that and I had to quickly dab my eyes as I rushed past the onlookers. The end of the day, seeing her huge smile when she saw me waiting for her, was the best part of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment