Sunday, May 31, 2009

Twilight the Movie vs Twilight the Book

I guess I was a bit late on catching onto the Twilight craze. I really hadn't heard about the book till the movie came out. And when it was in the cinema I'd also missed it cos I heard that it wasn't very good or should I say not as good as the book. So I bought the books after a friend also mentioned she enjoyed the books too. Luckily I was able to catch the movie on the plane back to Singapore and it intrigued me more - eventho i was pretty distracted with Caelyn on the plane while watching it.
I finished reading the book in a week and I can see why it's become such a popular novel - especially amongst teenage girls. I mean who can resist a story of passion, infinite and forbidden love even if it was a little mushy at time. I really did get quite caught up in the main characters of the book, Bella and Edward, you could almost feel the surge of emotions between them coming out of the paper.
I think it helped to have watched the movie first before the book because it helped with the visual of the characters. But as far as the movie itself goes, I think people were right, the book is better. The movie is a little bit disconnected and the chemistry between Edward and Bella isn't as easily felt. It's also made out to be more 'dark' than the book I think. And unfortunately as with most books that make it to movies they don't stay entirely true to the original - things added in, things taken out. The stars of the show are quite suited to the roles they play thankfully. Thumbs up to the casting director for finding an Edward that was a real hottie....hehehe. ::p

No comments:

Post a Comment