Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Caelyn's first bike riding experience at East Coast Park

Caelyn had been obsessed with bicycles lately so we took her to East Coast Park for her first bike riding experience. We were a little apprehensive that she might be scared sitting in the child seat on the bike or that she'd ask to get off half way through our ride. But she was so brave, saying 'Caelyn not scared', surprising even myself. And she had a rolling good time as me and Daddy played catch-up with the bikes. I hadn't been on a bike in a very long time, since I got pregnant with Caelyn in fact, and when I got on the bike it felt so exhilarating. I had so much fun. I definitely want to do this more often. Only thing tho is that there's quite a lot of people on the bike path and it gets a little narrow for riding. Oh and I had to suddenly stop a few times cos people made sudden turns and in the end my poor sandal suffered as it broke under all the sudden tugging.

Bike rental at East Coast Park is $8 per bike for an hour. But we were given the bike for 2 hours, we assume because we rented at 5pm and 7pm was closing time so they let us have the bikes till closing (which we didn't do since Caelyn was tired). Either that or maybe they've changed to 2 hour rentals? Not sure on this one....

I saw rollerblades rental next door, maybe one day I'll be game enough to give it a try.....


No comments:

Post a Comment