Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Review of Facial at Heart Springs Spa (Hougang Branch)

I signed up a package at Heart Springs Spa for a facial when I did my Eyebrow Embroidery there. I can't remember the exact numbers, but after deducting the Eyebrow Embroidery, I had calculated that each of the 10 facial sessions would only cost me $88. This is the first time ever in my life that I have signed up for a facial package. I usually steer away from signing up any beauty packages. To be honest, I can't remember what made me decide to sign up. A smart person probably would've tested out the facial first before signing up. I did however get a mini facial for free when I did the eyebrows, and at that time it was acceptable to me and thought that the normal facials would be not bad too.

The Pros:

  • The place is in a convenient location since it's situated in Hougang Mall, so it's easy to get to.
  • The place is clean and not dodgy looking.
The Cons:
  • They will always try to upsell you add ons etc. So be prepared to keep telling them no.
  • The beauticians (I've had 2 different ones do my facials thus far), don't have very gentle hands. They just seem to be in a hurry to get it over and done with and it's all very methodical. And there are parts where they slap on the whatever creams or mud mask with a heavy hand.
  • One of the biggest annoyance is when they put the full face mask on your face, it can get very claustrophobic and I think it's important that the beauticians do this gently and especially pay attention to the areas around the mouth and nostrils so that the customer doesn't get freaked out (like I did).
Yesterday when I had my facial, it was a different lady who did it. Let's just say she wasn't a local. I appreciated the fact that she didn't bother with small chat with me, she probably realised I couldn't speak Chinese much. But anyway, there was one part where they put this netted cloth thing over your face which also covers your mouth and nose. The cloth material had big enough holes in it that you're still able to breathe through it. They cover your eyes with cotton and proceed to slather a very cold mud/clay mask over your entire face except for the nose and mouth. The previous beautician cut out the nose and mouth area but this lady didn't and I started to feel like I was getting buried alive or something. I was starting to feel really freaked out and almost felt like I was going to get a panic attack. It definitely would have been better if she took the time.

I have 5 sessions left and it's very unlikely that I will sign up for any other packages. I would rather try other places.

No comments:

Post a Comment