Saturday, December 19, 2015

Dinner at Kazokutei @ Bishan Junction8

Do you have a kid or kids who always eats the same food all the time? Well I do. My one will always choose Udon over anything else. I wonder if she'll one day get sick of it. Coz I sure am!!

So there's this restaurant at Bishan Junction8 Shopping Center called Kazokutei that sells authentic handmade Japanese udon.  Price is pretty reasonable with most items being under $15.


The Udon served here is of the thinner variety.  But even though it's thin it still retains the chewy texture that Udon is known for.  

Baby girl had the Koku Udon ($7.90++). It's basically plain udon a hot seaweed soy broth with one slice of Japanese fish cake. The broth was tasty and comforting.  You can add on a side dish to your meal for a price.  She opted for the Chawanmushi ($3++), Japanese egg custard, which is her second or is it her first favourite food?  I don't know, can't keep track.  The Chawanmushi here is really good. It was smooth and savoury with a hint of umami which seemed to taste a bit like crab. 


I opted for the Tsukemen ($12.90++) which is Udon served with a warm dipping sauce. You can choose from 3 different dipping sauces: Black Tonkatsu, Spicy Tonkatsu, or Nutty Miso. I opted for the spiciness and it was really good. It was spicy but not blow your head off spicy. The only thing I don't like is the layer of oil that coats your lips.  With the udon there was some shredded sweet prom, 2 prawn tempura, half a marinated egg and some veggies. 


The curious thing was that there was a free upsize for the Tsukemen Udon. You could choose from Medium, Large or XLarge which, if I remembered correctly was about 320g of noodles. So me being the glutton I am and Caelyn being the Udon lover, I chose the XLarge :) and um...it was a bit too much for us >_<. 

Anyway service was good, friendly and welcoming and no doubt Carlyn will be asking us to eat there again...and again...and again.  

Just look at this happy face...and the size of that bowl!


♥ Please Subscribe to our Channel! ♥

♥ Follow MizReeney on Instagram! ♥

♥ Read MizReeney's Blog! ♥

♥ Like our Facebook Page! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment