Saturday, September 14, 2013

Jamie's Italian Singapore

I had been anxiously anticipating the opening of this restaurant in Singapore since I've been such a big fan of Mr Jamie O since the beginning of his television career. I have his books and I watch his shows religiously so of course I had to try his one and only restaurant in Singapore or South East Asia for that matter.
We did a walk-in as I had read on their FB that reservations are fully bokked until November.  But they still have a lot of seats left for walk-ins. We went on a weekday and there was 9 of us, we were lucky to get a table without having to wait too long. But the restaurant does require all members of your party to be present before they will seat you.

The menu looked good with a wide range of food being offered.  It was actually hard to decide on which one to order for our first Jamie O meal.

Below is all the food our table offered.  Taste is subjective, but to our party it was just pretty average.  The food was nothing to shout about and perhaps the thing that affected our judgement is the fact that the kid's spaghetti bolognese was greatly undercooked and had to be sent back. I've never personally had to return food before but this wa inedible. Al dente it certainly was not! The kid's meal is also accompanied with a chopped salad which was a bit bitter with a non-existent dressing and a watered down ribena or apple drink (we couldn't even tell what it was).

The other downside was the seafood bucatini had a lot of broken clam and muscle shells and my friend's muscles still had the beards on them...So eventhough there were other things on the menu we wanted to try, we're not sure if we'd go back again which in itself is a bit disappointing. ....

Seabass, special menu
Bucatini with Seafood cooked en papilotte $29.50++
Happy Fish fingers kid's menu with polenta chips.
$11.50++ including a 'shake me salad' and an unlimited glass of Bottlegreen cordial
Polenta chips with rosemary and parmesan cheese.
$7.50++
Three way (vegetarian) canneloni $19.50++
chicken lollipops kid's menu
$11.50++ including a 'shake me salad' and an unlimited glass of Bottlegreen cordial
Mini Sliders - Kid's menu
$11.50++ including a 'shake me salad' and an unlimited glass of Bottlegreen cordial
Spaghetti Bolognese - Kid's Menu
$11.50++ including a 'shake me salad' and an unlimited glass of Bottlegreen cordial
An ingenious way of presenting the kids menu!
"What should I choose from the kids menu?"
Fresh Bucatini made on site.

No comments:

Post a Comment