Sunday, July 22, 2012

Faulty Indesit oven Thermostat (in Singapore)

I have a built in Indesit oven that's been around for about 9 years. For a couple of years now it hasn't really been working well. It's always too hot and my Mum kept blaming it on the grill heating elements on the top part of the oven. But I kept on telling her it's normal for the oven to turn on the top heating element too as that's how it heats up the oven. But more often than not, it keeps burning my food or if underbaking whatever cake or bread I'm making, so much till I've pretty much given up baking altogether.

Like I said, it's been a couple of years not that it hasn't been working well, and only now did I decide to research as to what the problem could be. From looking around at different forums and sites etc, it seems to be that the thermostat is faulty, that's why no matter what temperature you put the oven on, it's always at its hottest. Unfortunately there's nothing much on how much thermostat repairs would cost in Singapore. So I've written this to share with anyone else who's got similar problems. I've called up a couple of repairman and their basic transport cost to come take a look is $35-$40 and then if there's need to change anything, the spareparts alone would cost a whopping $200-$400!!!

So I've decided I'm just going to just replace it with a new oven, you can get a brand new oven for just a little bit more. Better than getting it fixed and a couple of years down the track there's some other problem with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment