Monday, August 29, 2011

Pelican Pizza - Singapore

A while ago there was a Groupon voucher for Pelican Pizza. I'd never heard of it before but after reading a few blogs saying it was good, thought would give it a try after all it was only $15 for $25 worth of food.

We decided to go for the Pelican A Set Meal which consists of 1 Regular Pizza, 1 bbq chicken wing set (3 chicken wings), 2 garlic breads, 1.5ltr bottle coke - price $25.90. For the Pizza topping we chose the Pelican Special, which consisted of onions, mushroom, salami, beef, green peppers, fresh tomatoes, olives and cheese.

the box

BBQ Chicken Wings - Set of 3

the Pelican Special






Garlic Breads

Verdict: unfortunately it fell below our expectations. The pizza, although having generous toppings was a little bland and tasteless. The beef mince was also a little dry and had a funny taste. The garlic bread came in a paper bag and by the time it arrived the paper underneath the bread was drenched in oil.....really not an appetising sight. Now i know why garlic bread usually comes in foil or foil lined paper bags.

On the upside though, the chicken wings and garlic breads were very tasty - but i doubt it was made in house so can't give them credit for that. And also, we didn't feel too thirsty after the meal. Usually with pizza hut we'd have to chug down a lot of water because we'd be super thirsty.

Another plus is there's no gst and no delivery fees. But im still undecided whether i'd order frm them again...\

The funny thing was when they called me back to ask for my groupon code number and then proceeded to ask me (almost begged me) if I wanted to order anything else, ie they said "that's all ah?". The guy then proceeded to tell me how he was losing money cos of Groupon and that people weren't ordering more and that Groupon never told him about GST and Paypal charges etc. Anyway felt kinda sorry for them! I suppose you'd definitely lose money, but aren't they supposed to look at this like they're advertising? He talked to me like we were old friend catching up or something....kinda weird....


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I bought the groupon voucher too and yes the person practically begged me to order more than $25 coz he's not making money out of the deal.. I bought the 1for1 pizza n topped up 3 pieces wings... now waiting for food to come.. hope it's nice!

    ReplyDelete