Friday, December 19, 2008

My version of Cattypant's Kimchi Chigae

I recently tried Miss Cattypant's Kimchi Chigae recipe and it was very nice, the hot and sour broth was very comforting. For mine I added some glass noodles or mung bean noodles and instead of sliced pork belly I used some ready sliced frozen shoulder butt which is a very tender cut of meat with some fat running through it. I liken this cut of pork to the beef rib eye because of the fat marbling. I also had some left over so I saved it in the fridge and the next day reheated it, adding some more water and some extra soy sauce and gochujang and some dried instant noodles and dried seaweed. And it tasted great then too, I was surprised at how much it tasted like those Spicy Korean Instant Noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment