Thursday, November 13, 2008

Little Madeleine Cakes

My Mum bought this electric 'Dough Cake Toaster' from Indonesia. If you live on this side of the world, you might be familiar with these little cakes that they sell at the bakeries. But I think they use a different type of cake batter than I do. I got this recipe for Madeleine cakes from my sister in law Margaret and they taste divine, especially when they're hot and crisp on the edges!

Ingredients:

2 eggs
3 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp icing sugar
1/4 cup self-raising flour
1/4 cup plain flour
75g butter, melted
dash of vanilla essence/extract

  1. Combine the eggs, caster sugar and sifted icing sugar in a bowl and with a mixer, beat the mixture until thick.
  2. Sift the flour over the egg mixture and add the melted butter on the side of the bowl with the vanilla and fold everything in gently.
  3. Use a madeleine pan or an electric cake toaster like mine and bake till cooked (cooks very fast).
I should call these 'Little Caelyn Cakes'....hehehe. PS. This is how she poses everytime i point the camera at her. Total fake smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment