Saturday, July 4, 2015

Convert your Shoulder Bags into a Messenger Bag

I came across the idea of converting my shoulder bags into messenger bags after watching the following Youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF_ATEArsoo

She has the exact same bag that I have, the LV Delightful MM, and I thought that it was a really smart idea to be able to extend the use of the bag as a messenger bag. She however had bought LV straps to use, while it would be nice to have an LV strap for my LV bag, seems like it is a spare part that you can only order if you own the bag that goes with the strap. So I did a little more research and came across this video below.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URbmUUSI8sA
The straps this lady bought from an online shop called Mautto looked quite elegant. But I wasn't sure if I was willing to pay that much for a strap since I also wasn't sure if I would be using it often. Since the online store is based in the US once you add on the shipping costs to Singapore it wasn't that cheap.  What I do like about Mautto is that you can find different size straps, eg. 1.5" 1" etc and the type of material like Nylon, or Cotton or even leather or chain.

Anyway so I decided to check elsewhere and found one on Aliexpress. For US$8.98 including Free Shipping I thought it was a good deal to try out. The pictures showed the strap with a shoulder pad and silver hardware so I mailed the seller to ask if it came with gold hardware which they confirmed they could do. So I went ahead with the order and I requested that the shoulder pad be removed if possible but I was also prepared to cut the pad out if it came with it. So about 1.5 weeks later I received the strap in the mail via registered mail and I was somewhat okay with it. The strap itself was a good quality nylon with a slight sheen to it. What I was annoyed about was that the hardware on the slide part was silver whilst the clips were a light gold colour. Hmmm....was it by mistake or they just don't have the sliding hardware in gold? Anyway I'm pretty sure I could live with it...hopefully no one really notices :p I reckon the strap matched my LV monogram well and it's comfortable to wear. So overall it was worth the buy, maybe in future I might trade up to the one Mautto sells. I do like their clips better.



The clip looks silver here, but is actually a light gold. 
From Mautto Website

No comments:

Post a Comment